Paul Acutt and Steffen Garthoff are the founders of “JAWS”, Juliet Alpha Whiskey solutions. Between them, they boast over 30 years experience in the Film Marine game.
Jaws offers a Complete Marine budget for the Film, Television and commercial diving industry.
With a strong background and many years in the unit and locations department, we understand the film industry as a whole.
What we do and our safety accreditation
- Marine Coordination and Safety Management – Lloyds HSE
- American Association for Health and safety
- Remote location and marine logistics
- Pre-Job Risk assessment and mitigation
- Support Craft and camera platforms
- Picture vessels – Vessel sourcing and management
- Diving services – Camera support, pool, and tank blackout, underwater rigging. Topside rigging. Dive Safety and gear hire . Commercial diving standards followed
- Marine Hardware
- Full fabrication facilities for the custom design and manufacture of platforms or props
- Marine Locations we have worked in South Africa, Mozambique, Tanzania, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Angola Mauritius
Director/ Marine Coordinator - Diver - Skipper - Rigger
Steffen has worked as a navel patrol skipper in the military, rigger for Maresk Offshore, surf launch dive operations in Mozambique and most of his career was spent in the film and TV industry in South Africa and Mozambique where he has made a name
for himself as a marine coordinator, a top skipper, diver, rigger and stunt boat driver. Ranging from adverts to the famous Black sails Tv series and movies like Dark Tide , Lord of war, shark empire and six headed shark retreat to name only a few.
Director/ Marine Coordinator - Diver - Skipper- Safety Officer
Paul has worked in the Offshore Diving and Marine services industry for a number of years around the world and has gained valuable qualifications and experience in the Safety side of working on, around and under the water. Paul was the founder of the Marine support service industry for the film and television market in 1996
with his first project being “Sinbad”. Paul Acutt went on to establish Just Add Water, which provided marine support services in Cape town, services included specialized support craft, diving services, and picture vessel sourcing and management with movies like” Lord Of War’
Our crew have a wide variety of trained skills and qualifications, ranging from Commercial divers class 2, 40nm day night skippers, Off shore riggers and sailors.